Saudi Aramco Careers
Heterogeneous Catalyst Specialist
Requisition ID: 1198353
Req Number: 16366BR
We are seeking a Heterogeneous Catalyst Specialist to join the Chemicals Division of the Research & Development Center (R&DC). The R&DC has been in the process of establishing a High Throughput Research Center (HTRC) to support the accelerating of the development timeline of in-house catalytic technologies, mainly in the area of chemicals. The HTRC facility requires essential competencies and knowledge in the area of heterogeneous catalyst design and optimization, along with supporting skills such as the design of experiments, advanced statistical data modeling, and scale-up methodologies.
You will have established credentials in the optimization of heterogeneous catalytic technologies leading to successful commercialization. You will have strong skills in the areas of the design of experiments and statistical data modeling. You will also be a key driver of the in-house HTRC effort and a primary contributor to its success.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a master’s or doctoral degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry from a recognized and approved program.
You will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in heterogeneous catalysis, including at least 5 years dealing with high throughput experimentation workflows.
You should have a strong and proven background in catalyst chemistry and experimental design, and the scaling-up of new process, related to the petrochemical area. You will have experience in employing high throughput experimentation for rapid heterogeneous catalyst design and optimization. You should have a solid hands-on experience of, and knowledge in, designing, synthesizing, characterizing, and evaluating heterogeneous catalysts for petrochemical application. You will have the ability to identify technical challenges and business opportunities in the petrochemical area, as well as a proven record for proposing patentable ideas and integrating ideas into business. You should have hands-on experience and knowledge in lab operations and in operating/assessing/optimizing catalytic reactors. Good experience and knowledge in scaling-up petrochemical processes and catalysts from lab to demonstration scale are also required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform the following:
• Lead and efficiently manage research and development projects related to the petrochemical area, to meet objectives, timelines, and budgets.
• Develop and manage technologies from concept to production within a short timespan, and oversee catalyst development using a high throughput research workflow.
• Supervise and provide technical leadership to a team of scientists and engineers, and be responsible for their training and development.
• Perform economic evaluation and rigorous financial modeling/analysis, to identify value creation opportunities that align with the Company’s strategic objectives.
• Organize and lead teams for specific projects, and task, manage, and handle discussions with internal and external project reviews.
• Author technical reports, papers, and generate patent applications as appropriate.