Saudi Aramco Careers
Planning & Performance Management Specialist
Requisition ID: 1200453
Req Number: 16391BR
The Planning & Performance Management (P&PM) Specialist is an individual-contributor role that acts as a senior advisor in P&PM, providing professional analysis, advice, guidance and leadership in the resolution of complex, cross-functional, non-routine and/or design P&PM and P&PM-related issues that have significant importance to Saudi Aramco’s Downstream business.
The P&PM Specialist will report to the Division Head of Downstream P&PM, with indirect reporting lines to Performance Coordinators within the Downstream Business Line. Additionally they will be seen as the subject matter expert in their areas of focus within Downstream and will have regular interactions with a VP or the Downstream Senior VP.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated capability and track record in P&PM, and will have held leadership positions, preferably in the oil or related industry and with broad experience within Downstream.
This role offers the opportunity to interface at a senior level within Saudi Aramco’s global Downstream business, play a key part in shaping how the business approaches Planning & Performance Management, and impact the growth of our Downstream business at a critical juncture in its evolution.
- Proven track record of analyzing and driving significant planning and performance improvements within Downstream organizations.
- Expert experience of P&PM within Downstream, and ideally with direct experience at an operational level.
- Solid technical understanding of the Downstream oil and gas industry and associated organizations.
- Ability to quickly ascertain, understand, and master the full context of complex situations and scenarios, and make quick and accurate decisions based upon those assessments.
- A keen ability to balance humility with assertiveness across various situations.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence senior global stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related discipline.
- Eighteen (18) years related experience is required.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of management accounting, finance and business economics is required, and the incumbent must have established himself/herself as one of the foremost experts in the company in one or more specialties of P&PM practice.
- Demonstrated capability and track record in the practice of planning & performance management that has progressed to a leadership role is required, preferably in the oil or related industry. The incumbent must have the proven ability to handle complex, unstructured problems in a rigorous, analytical fashion. Previous work experience must have been sufficiently broad to allow the incumbent to be effective in an assignment to any P&PM area.
- Possession of an advanced business degree (e.g., MBA) and/or relevant professional certification (e.g., CMA, CFA, CPA) is preferred.
- Excellent command of oral & written English, with demonstrated capability of producing top quality written reports & presentations to senior-level audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis and recommendations relating to regular P&PM tasks such as business plan preparation, performance tracking measurement, and performance analysis and accountability reporting.
- Conduct specialized P&PM-related studies such as the development of performance initiatives and business cases, benchmarking, risk management, design and redesign of measurements, processes and workflows, and information system-related changes.
- Provide supervision, coordination and/or facilitation in the execution of regular and special tasks by other P&PM personnel, as well as mentorship on P&PM analytical practice.
Saudi Arabia’s vast hydrocarbon resources will see Saudi Aramco become the world’s leading integrated energy and chemical company by 2020. Our Chemicals business is a critical, high-profile new enterprise for us and requires committed people with insight, experience and technical expertise.
We can offer professionals from diverse backgrounds and specialties a solid, secure future – not to mention extensive international exposure and the opportunity to see your ideas become reality. Work at the forefront of the industry and see how your career evolves with invested time and effort. It’s a chance to make a huge impact both on the local economy and on a global scale.