Saudi Aramco Careers
Petroleum Engineering System Specialist
Requisition ID: 1399726
Req Number: 16614BR
Saudi Aramco seek Petroleum Engineering Systems Specialist to work with the Upstream Professional Development Center (UPDC) to address training needs of petroleum engineering computer applications of all upstream organizations including exploration, petroleum engineering, drilling and workover, computer science and engineering, and unconventional resources.
The candidate will work within a team of technical advisors with broad experiences and specialties in petroleum engineering and geosciences to develop and deliver a wide range of professional development training programs and applications targeting upstream professionals of all experience levels with petroleum engineering related computer systems and applications.
The candidate will also work closely with other technical advisors from other disciplines (Job Families within the UPDC and upstream experts) including geophysicists, geologists, reservoir engineers, drilling engineers, petrophysicists, and unconventional resources, in the development of multidisciplinary training programs.
• BSc in Computer Sciences or Petroleum Engineering. An MSc and/or PhD degree in Computer Sciences or Petroleum Engineering is desirable.
• Working knowledge of a wide range of petroleum engineering computer systems and applications. Specialization in one or few sub disciplines are advantageous.
• Experience in training delivery, mentoring, and development of training programs for Petroleum Engineering Systems and Applications in all levels.
• At least 15 years of industry experience working on Oil and Gas related projects and operations that includes 10 years or more of recent active technical roles.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Enhance the UPDC Upstream Computing (UC) Curricula for early career, mid-career and senior professionals.
• Manage content development activities for the UC job family.
• Ensure all courses are ready for delivery as scheduled.
• Contribute to delivery of several UC courses including the upstream on-boarding program and the UC Flagship.
• Engage management at all levels to ensure technical curriculum and content development is in line with management objectives and expectations
• Establish a complete development schedule for courses in the UC job family.
• Ensure technical content of all courses is endorsed by Job Family Technical Advisors.
• Ensure that all external consultant and Instructor needs for development and delivery are identified and that necessary paperwork is submitted in a timely fashion with adequate prior notice.
• Utilize UPDC-based instructional designers, graphic artists, and technical writers for building technical content as appropriate.
• Collect and analyze post-course feedback and ensure it is used to improve content for future offerings.
• When possible, sit in on courses to evaluate course quality and instructor effectiveness, especially courses developed and delivered by external vendors.
• Innovate, create, and share new approaches in training or technical advancement through local and international forums.