Saudi Aramco Careers
Requisition ID: 1401544
Req Number: 16632BR
Saudi Aramco seek Geophysicist to work with the Upstream Professional Development Center (UPDC) to address training needs of all upstream Geophysics discipline including geology, petroleum engineering, computer science, and Unconventional Resources.
The candidate will work within a team of technical advisors with broad experiences and specialties in Geophysics to develop and deliver a wide range of professional development programs and courses targeting Saudi Aramco geophysicists from different Geophysics sub disciplines such as Geophysical Data Acquisition, Processing, and Imaging, Exploration & Development Geophysics, Borehole Geophysics, Rock Physics, Seismic Inversion, Attributes Generation, Unconventional Geophysics, etc.) of all experience levels.
The candidate will also work closely with other technical advisors from other disciplines (Job Families within the UPDC and upstream experts) including geologists, reservoir engineers, drilling engineers, petrophysicists, and unconventional resources, in the development of multidisciplinary training programs.
• BSc in Geophysics. An MSc and/or PhD degree in Geophysics is desirable.
• Working knowledge of a wide range of GP disciplines/topics such as seismic data acquisition, processing and imaging, borehole geophysics, prospect generation, reservoir characterization, and unconventional geophysics. Specialization in one or few sub disciplines are advantageous.
• Experience in training delivery, mentoring, and development of training programs for Geophysics (GP) in all levels.
• At least 20 years of industry experience working on GP projects and operations that includes 10 years or more of recent active technical roles.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Enhance the UPDC Geophysics (GP) Curricula for early career, mid-career and senior professionals.
• Manage content development activities for the GP job family.
• Ensure all courses are ready for delivery as scheduled.
• Contribute to delivery of several GP courses including the upstream on-boarding program and the GP Flagship.
• Engage management at all levels to ensure technical curriculum and content development is in line with management objectives and expectations
• Establish a complete development schedule for courses in the GP job family.
• Ensure technical content of all courses is endorsed by Job Family Technical Advisors.
• Ensure that all external consultant and Instructor needs for development and delivery are identified and that necessary paperwork is submitted in a timely fashion with adequate prior notice.
• Utilize UPDC-based instructional designers, graphic artists, and technical writers for building technical content as appropriate.
• Collect and analyze post-course feedback and ensure it is used to improve content for future offerings
• When possible, sit in on courses to evaluate course quality and instructor effectiveness, especially courses developed and delivered by external vendors.
• Innovate, create, and share new approaches in training or technical advancement through local and international forums.