Req Number: 17062BR
We are seeking a Projects Advisor to join the Strategy & Projects (S&P) function in Management & Professional Development Department (M&PDD).
S&P is M&PDD’s strategy development and projects function, delivering projects through a cross-functional lens in the areas of Talent and Leadership. On the strategy front, S&P plays a central role in the development of M&PDD strategy in response to talent and leadership challenges facing the Company, and in support of related business planning efforts. Several Projects Advisors in S&P also work on the development and execution of Saudi Aramco’s new group-wide HR Strategy at a corporate level.
The role of Projects Advisor is to lead and/or execute projects that fall within S&P’s mandate. These projects fall primarily into two buckets of work, namely (i) Culture & Employee Engagement and (ii) Employee Experience & Design Thinking. In addition, S&P delivers a range of other Talent and Leadership projects that fall outside of these two buckets. Projects vary by scope, scale and impact, and are delivered through a matrixed project delivery vehicle.
As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree would be preferred.
You will have a minimum of 8 years of experience in Talent Management, Leadership/Executive Development, Organizational Behavior or related disciplines, including at least 3 years of experience delivering HR projects, either in an in-house advisory capacity or in an external consultancy. In addition, prior experience developing and implementing best-in-class interventions to address various talent or leadership issues, would be highly valued, as well as the ability to engage and influence a diverse set of stakeholders ranging from frontline supervisors through to senior business leaders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform the following:
Execute projects in accordance with S&P’s project delivery framework:
- Discover – for a new requirement, undertake initial discovery around the requirement, including scoping and stakeholder analysis, culminating in the development of a project charter for approval
- Initiate – following approval, initiate the project and undertake project planning activities, including the development of a comprehensive project plan and associated documents
- Diagnose – following on from the initial discovery, undertake deep diagnosis of the problem or challenge utilizing further consultation with stakeholders and a diagnosis toolkit
- Design – generate and test hypotheses, leading to the full design, development and build of a fit-for-purpose solution
- Implement – implement the solution
- Measure – through a structured look-back process, measure and evaluate the implemented solution
- Close – transition, as needed, the project to business-as-usual (BAU) delivery and close out of the project
Represent M&PDD in a variety of contexts as an ambassador of the Department’s products and services.
Engage with, and influence, a diverse set of stakeholders, including Corporate and Executive Management and internal customers.
As required, develop statements of work to secure the services of external consultants, and participate in the contracting process.
Contribute to M&PDD’s journey to world class by researching and sharing best practices, keeping current on trends related to our mission and undertaking selective thought leadership in assigned areas or disciplines.
Be an exemplar in project management.
Provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting on assigned projects, including contributions to the Department-wide dashboard.