Req Number: 17636BR
The Department is in the Execution Phase of the International Gas Strategy, with a view to providing a comprehensive overview of business drivers and international opportunities supporting the Company’s long-term objective of becoming the world’s largest integrated energy company. We need seasoned upstream professionals with broad experience within the international gas business, and with significant exposure to the commercial framework within which gas is sourced, developed, liquefied (if required) and marketed. A common thread is that the candidates should have critical technical expertise within one technical area, but also exhibit managerial acumen and exceptional communication skills (including experience in presenting to Executive Management and effectively leading multidisciplinary teams). These professionals will lead and guide work processes for the International Gas Strategy, and may also have significant liaison responsibilities with other departments within Exploration, Petroleum Engineering & Development, Engineering Services, Marketing, Finance and Corporate Planning.
• A B.S. and/or M.S. degree in petroleum engineering or related disciplines (e.g., engineering, geological). An MBA or additional exposure/training in business, economics or finance, is also beneficial.
• A minimum of 12 years of operational experience gained through working for reputable oil and gas consulting and/or E&P companies.
• Extensive experience in the commercial framework of international gas including opportunity identification, deal framing and complex negotiations, the gas value chain and key performance measures, and benchmarking of the international gas business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify and evaluate international gas opportunities
• Originate, lead and/or support transaction execution processes to acquire assets and/or enter into joint ventures
• Liaise with other Departments in the execution of the above, i.e: Exploration, Petroleum Engineering & Development, Engineering Services, Marketing, Finance, and Strategy & Market Analysis
• Lead and guide work processes for the International Gas Strategy Department
• Train and mentor early-career staff
• Represent Saudi Aramco in external conferences, symposiums, and forums
Saudi Aramco’s Exploration & Producing (E&P) business line oversees the world’s largest reserves of conventional crude oil, and the fourth-largest reserves of natural gas. The Company’s reserves portfolio include Ghawar, the world’s largest onshore oil field, and Safaniya, the largest offshore field. Company geologists are actively seeking additional reserves in many areas of the Kingdom, offshore in the Gulf and the Red Sea and onshore in the deserts and mountains. Petroleum engineers and earth scientists in E&P work with cutting-edge technology to manage and produce these reserves, including 3D visualization, reservoir simulation and remote geosteering of multilateral wells. The Company’s Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Center, or EXPEC, is home to one of the industry’s most powerful computer centers. Research and development into subsurface upstream technology is conducted at the EXPEC Advanced Research Center. For more than two decades in a row, Saudi Aramco has been ranked the No. 1 oil company in the world by Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, a testament to the dedication and professionalism of the men and women of Exploration & Producing.