Req Number: 18400BR
This strategic role supports Saudi Aramco decision-making at the Executive level through facilitation and management of critical reporting, review, and other performance-related efforts by translating longer-term strategies into tangible actions.
The incumbent will be expected to lead the establishment of a strategy execution performance function within the Strategy Planning Department. He/she is expected to establish a process that calls for conducting annual strategy execution reviews for the various business and enabling strategies. Responsibilities will also include acting as secretariat support for the company’s Strategy Counsel, as well as following up on resulting actions and decisions.
• Acts as the “Corporate Advisor” for strategic performance management-related issues, providing relevant insight and direction to the CEO, other members of Corporate Management, and the Corporate Planning organization.
• Advises courses of action to ensure effective corporate progress against our strategic plan, identifying early warning signs and possible areas for adjustment.
• Provides advice and guidance on the development of the Company’s strategic performance management framework and measurement system; leading the development, deployment, and management of an integrated system that ensures consistent progress toward our strategic intent.
• Collaborates with various business lines and Corporate Planning departments to confirm and validate strategic performance management objectives, tracking methods, measures, reporting, and course corrections as required.
• Ensures effective execution of all strategic performance management processes, as well as decisions by the Corporate leadership.
• Develops and cultivates key matrix relationships to advance strategic performance initiatives to ensure the Company is actively, effectively, and dynamically managing to achieve its strategies.
• Prepares for, facilitates, and follows through on, Strategy and Initiative Portfolio Review meetings, including the Annual Strategy Refresh.
• Has primary ownership of, and champions, the Strategic Performance Management Calendar.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and best-in-class companies, keeping abreast of key developments in the strategic performance management space and other arenas that could impact the Company’s competitive performance.
• Benchmarks the Company’s strategic performance and related processes, practices, and technologies against relevant energy companies in the region and around the world.
• Provide coaching and mentorship to junior staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management, or closely related discipline; advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Must have 15+ years of experience with at last the last five years in a similar function within a major energy company. Supplemental experience with a global consulting firm with a focus on performance measurement is desirable.
• Must have the proven ability and courage to effectively challenge conventional thinking, and influence others to do the same.
• Must have strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Must be a master of Enterprise Performance Management practices and processes, and be comfortable leading and facilitating the implementation of new practices.
• Must have a deep understanding of the latest Oil and Gas, Chemicals and Energy Industry trends, developments, strategies, and technologies.
• Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
• Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective, and collaborative rapport with corporate management, coworkers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
• Must have demonstrative ability to effectively coach and mentor multinational junior staff.
As an integrated, global petroleum enterprise with operations in Saudi Arabia, Europe, the United States and the Far East, Saudi Aramco is one of the cornerstones of the world’s energy supply. Saudi Aramco has a proud legacy of accomplishment in the oil and gas industry. In recent years, the Company has been creating downstream joint and equity ventures, both in Saudi Arabia and in China, and is exploring additional opportunities in refining and petrochemicals. Projects such as these, combined with Saudi Aramco’s stature – both as a corporation and as a corporate citizen – in the Kingdom and wherever the Company does business, make for a challenging and rewarding work environment for the personnel of the Finance business line.