Req Number: 18451BR
Saudi Aramco is seeking an IP Management Specialist to join the Research and Development Center (R&DC). The R&DC develops cutting edge technologies and solutions to align Company projects with value driven deployments in high impact areas that offer the Company a significant, distinctive and sustainable competitive advantage for its core businesses.
The IP Management Specialist is responsible for supporting the development of Saudi Aramco’s Intellectual Property portfolio (patents, copyrights, and trade secrets), including analysis of invention disclosures and working with inventors and in-house IP counsels on patent prosecution activities. The IP Management Specialist is also responsible for performing patent research to support various IP activities, including patentability search, IP mapping, IP benchmarking and other related tasks. IP experience in the energy, chemicals, engineering, or heavy industrial sector is preferred, but not required.
• At least a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering or related scientific field. An LLM in IP is preferred but not required.
• Experience: Typically has 10 years of professional experience including at least 5 years as an IP specialist in a research and development environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Successful candidates will be expected to:
• Support inventors in creating an Invention Disclosure
• Support inventors in obtaining the appropriate protection for their invention
• Assess the patentability of invention disclosures (i.e., conduct prior art searches)
• Perform competitive analysis of patent (i.e., IP mapping)
• Liaise and support in-house IP counsel with patent prosecution and other patent related activities
• Conduct IP awareness sessions and training
• Support the development, enhancement and implementation of the Saudi Aramco IP strategy